Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Tighter

Things look like they're starting to come together. I got really hung up on one panel, and I'm still working on that double page spread on top of the water tower, but the project seems to be taking shape and I'm enjoying the process / results so far.

Got some good advice from my friend Lisette tonight regarding the length of Maya's shorts - she presently looks like quite the saucy little tart. Might just make the shorts a little longer and lengthen the camisole a bit - the character can still ooze sexuality without looking like a 13-year old waitress at Hooter's.


"¿Como se dice "nymphet" en espaƱol?"


Like that panel where they're hauling each other up - a little stiff, but background / composition works well, and the sandal flopping helps convey movement




The last page in the sequence is a little light - there's so much detailed perspective that I had to be "careful" with a higher lead. The lower left panel took me more than half a day. Grueling, but I think I got the right feel. I'm going to have to take a good look at my shadow on a sunny day to really nail that third panel.

Have to readjust the schedule - I'd like to set a aside a full week for the inking. I'll focus on finishing / retouching the pencils and getting the dialogue prepped.

10:00 - 12:00 - first pass double page spread
12:00 - 1:00 - snack
1:00 - 3:00 - second pass
3:00 - 4:00 - lunch
4:00 - 6:00 - third pass
6:30 - 8:30 - gym
8:30 - meet up with Vadim / dinner
dialogue

No comments: