Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Long Hard Slog

Started penciling today, going to get going on the inking tomorrow. I realized I have a LOT of work to do over the next month, more than I realized, so I'm going to have to really be consistent with this stuff and get a substantial amount done every day.

I think I'm going to stick with the process I used to produce the latest batch of Consumed images, which is mainly doing a well-defined but still relatively loose drawing in my sketchbook, scanning it in, and inking it in photoshop. I used to make a grid and draw on Bristol and ink directly on the paper, but looking back on that now, it feels remarkably inefficient. I won't deny any and all tricks to get the backgrounds done (seriously - even clip art) but they gotta look good. Backgrounds. Ugh.

Here's robot, looking very patriotic, and then there's me talking to him at the hospital:

panel_1

panel_2

Now a tangent - I don't talk too much about other stuff besides making comics on this blog, but I gotta make an exception as I read about the latest shooting in America. What the hell is going on in this country? Shooting kids who get off of a school bus? This is the third one in the last two weeks! How many of these are going to happen before anyone does anything about it?

I'm going to call my congresspeople tomorrow, and hell, maybe even the white house, to at least bitch about this. And I'm not writing that to come across as a better-than-you-prick but more to hold myself accountable for it. I just think about this stuff and it really blows my mind. Incomprehensible.

No comments: