Sunday, December 02, 2007

Blogging Every Day

I have a great deal to do in the next month and a half, putting my portfolio together. The three most significant pieces will be:

#1 A new short comic, I'm guessing around eight pages in length, starring myself, a snowman, and a robot;

#2 three additional pages to the "Sparrows" story I did for the Tea Lounge show in 2005;

#3 A blown up (roughly, 7" x 10.5" ) version of Consumed printed on quality stock paper.

This afternoon I came up with a short list of how I'm going to make the best use of the next month and a half, and I came up with the idea of blogging something relating to the above three projects every day until January 15th. Sounded a bit ambitious, but I'll give it a try.


So "Sparrows" is the working title for the comics I showed at Park Slope's Tea Lounge in 2005. This piece has always really captivated people but I was always uncomfortable with it's lack of closure - it is essentially unfinished. I had planned it as part of some huge Lone Wolf and Cub style epic, but after some stumbling with the second episode(shown below) I set it aside.

fraud-prologue-teaser

Don't want to revisit the epic, but would love to put some punctuation on the existing work. I'm planning three pages to wrap the zombie / bird / medallion stuff up with some serious closure. Here are some roughs:

girl running

roughs-page-2

Think I have a pretty clear plan for this one. I really need to start thinking about my snowman-robot-me story. At this point, I have no idea what it's even about! I'll try to come up with some character designs tonight.

No comments: