Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Pages at MTV

So you might already know that Power Out is being serialized on MTV Geek. New updates happen every Thursday. I've made a lot of changes to the book, and you start seeing new pages in this update. In fact; I think somethinig like the next 40 of 42 pages are entirely new material.


I'm a little nervous because I'm certain some people won't love the changes. I even took out a couple of scenes I really liked. Broadly though, I think it's a big improvement, particularly when taken as a whole.

You can read this interview I did with MTV last week that explains the changes, I think it's one of the better, if not the best; interviews I've done.





In this update you start to see one of the bigger developments with this update: Justin and Carrie's relationship. Through all my edits, I began realizing that this was the book, that Carrie's letters were the times in the book where everything really seemed to crystallize. The framework of the relationship is the same, but there's just more tension and tenderness.

No comments: