Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I bleed in beige

Been obsessed with the Pavement song "Cream of Gold" today.

I met up with two of the most talented people I know to get some feedback on my story - Tim, who expressed concerns that the story was overly sentimental, and Nicole, who gave me a little insight on how 12 year old girls make out.

Not exactly sure where to go now - there are scenes I definitely want to revamp, so I guess I can redo and add and revise pages, but I also want to start really working out how this final book is going to look. I'm looking through the roughs and figuring out which images I'm firmly committed to and making final versions of them in ink. Hopefully, I can come up with something that captures the energy of the initial roughs while adding the necessary detail to tell the story.

Here's a few sketches I made at my favorite coffee place in Manhattan:



No comments: