Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Carrie returns

Had to draw Justin's sister carrie again after a something of a hiatus. She figures prominently in the end of the third chapter and most of the fourth, so I really need to nail the character. I took all of my favorite images of her in the book so far and put it on one 8.5 x 11 for reference:


This proved very helpful. One of the biggest challenges of working a on a book as long as power out is that it's easy for things to change. You don't want to dial your style back, particularly as you improve, but the character's still have to look recognizable. I think this page turned out to be one of my favorite in the book so far.


Had a somewhat relaxing day to try and recover from the five finished pages (a personal best) I turned out last week. 106 more to go...

No comments: