Thursday, October 04, 2007

Hype Sheet

So, I've been trying to change my whole approach to Consumed, with an emphasis on the whole. I've been approaching character design, environment design, and the general storyline in broad strokes. The objective is to have cohesive material, and to create an effective "blueprint" to create the full length graphic novel.

So in that vein, I thought I'd get started creating "hype sheets" that integrate the plot, characters, backgrounds, and general feel of the project into a marketable little package. It'll help me nail down the feel / attitude of the project and, if I post a few big posters around Williamsburg, it could be a good way to generate buzz.

Here's my first one, I like a lot of the language but I had an idea for the typography that I don't think quite worked out. It's a little too busy while not having quite enough graphic punch either. There needs to be a picture of Brunelle in there as well.

BUT, I'll try again this weekend, maybe replacing that News Franklin Gothic with Futura and making a few extra images that'd gel well. I'd like to create one of these for each character and for each of the three chapters. But now I gotta go to bed.


|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

hype-sheet

No comments: