Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Consumed #2

Been a while...

A lot of things in my life are chaotic right now, so I guess that means its time to start another comic book. I'm going to stay in NYC until this issue is done - after that I'm not so sure. I've been feeling real iffy on living here lately. NYC makes me feel inspired, but the difference between feeling pushed and feeling shoved shrinks daily. Just yesterday, my friend and I were walking around Times Square yesterday and saw about twelve police officers with assault rifles. Its not a friendly town.

I've been doing a lot of drawing to try and nail down the characters. There were a lot of things I really liked about my first book, but my chiefest criticism (artistically) is that the characters, and the look of the whole thing, aren't terribly inconsistent. I'm getting down some formulas for drawing things like heads and hands and its helping out a lot. Hopefully, it's going to improve my range as an artist - consistency, after all, opens the door to greater variance.

Anyhow, you can see this older character sheet of Leah to see how she contstantly changes--

--but after some practice, she's a little more consistent:

I'm giving Leah a new costume, because it would be totally out of character for her to not have a new outfit. Kind of a combination of a sexy business suit with a dominatrix outfit. The beret softens it a bit though. :

This next story is really all about Professor Rich Brunelle. I guess he's not as much fun to draw as Leah, but I'm enjoying writing him.


In addition to Consumed, I have a really fun freelance project right now - I don't think it'd be a big deal to show the work in progress:

its a flyer for DMD, my alma mater. looking forward to inking and coloring it this week.

I'll have more stuff soon. Oh, and if you haven't checked out TV on the Radio's new CD, you have something to look forward to!

1 comment:

Arkady Roytman said...

looking good. definetly seeing consistency and maturity coming through. Good to hear you're still with us. I'll be up at Haven next week to draw and i'm planning a Subway Sketch Group Reunion for December 2nd